Smoothie bowls<3 Who wouldn’t love them? Smoothies are my go-to snack and sometimes I have them with some yummy crunchy granola to add some texture. I prefer making my own granola as then I know what it contains (how much sugar etc.) exactly.
Here is my recipe for Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl with Homemade Granola.
You’d better start baking the granola first…
Homemade Granola Recipe
Makes 4-7 serves
1 dl buckwheat
2 dl oats
1-2 tbsp agave syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil (liquid)
A handful of mixed seeds
A handful of mixed nuts
How to make:
- Cook buckwheat according to instructions in the package. Once it´s cooked, let it cool down.
- Preheat oven to 160 celcius degrees.
- Mix buckwheat, oats and seeds in a bowl with agave suryp and coconut oil.
- Place the mixture on a baking tray.
- Bake the granola for 15-20 minutes or until it has a nice golden colour.
- Once it´s ready, add nuts in the granola.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Berrylicious Smoothie Recipe
Makes 1 serve
½ dl blueberries
1 tbsp sea buckthorn berries (or other berries of your choice)
A handful of fresh spinach or 2-3 cubes of frozen spinach
1-2 dl oat milk (or other plant based milk)
1 tsp of coconut oil/MCT oil (or other seed oil)
1 tsp of green powder (optional)
1 tbsp psyllium husk (optional)
1-2 tbsp protein powder or boiled egg on side
How to make:
- Add all ingredients in a smoothie blender.
- Blend it for a about 1 minute.
Note: Add 1-2 dl of oat milk depending on how runny you like your smoothie. To get protein you can add protein powder in your smoothie. It does change the flavour and the texture slightly so alternatively you can have a boiled egg on side to make sure you get your protein intake, too.
Love, Jonna xx